Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Digital manifold with graphing?

Any one know of a digital manifold that can graph readings over time, not just a pseudo-analog display? The Yellow Jacket is the only one I've found so far. Barring that, an Android app that will do the same?

Comments

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    I-manifold can do that and a whole lot more.
    SWEI
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    @Harvey Ramer, thanks, that looks like about what I wanted, especially trending the superheat & subcooling.

Do you have one? Let me ask you this: how well does the touchscreen work with oily fingers? I can't remember the last time I had a manifold out that I didn't end up covered with oil at one point or another.

And I just paid off my tool account too! Maybe Santa will bring one.

• hvacfreak2
    hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
    The screen will work as good as any cell phone or tablet that you connect it to, there is no screen on the tool.

There are cheaper ways to go with this also. Testo , Sporlan , and a few others have temp. / pressure kits for a lot less.
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    It's true, there are cheaper ways to go. But the I manifold gives you so much more. Not only a complete refrigeration analysis but also a complete psychometric and airflow analysis.

I have been using it since it came out and absolutely love it.
  • hvacfreak2
    I've wanted one since they came out , lol. Yeah it has expanded into a complete commissioning system and looks amazing.
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Testo has several options, but last time I looked they ran 4-6x the cost of an iManifold.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,588
    edited September 2016
    I'm swapping Yellowjacket's 3 1/2" liquid filled gauges onto my Brute II manifold and was surprised to see how accurate all of these digital manifolds claim to be.

How is it possible?
    My Brute II manifold with the 1% class 1 liquid gauges sells for around $300. How can a digital one be more accurate at near the same price?

Just look at these beauties! :)

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • ratio
    @Harvey Ramer, do you have the iConnect? I didn't see a manual for it. Do you know if that and a set of pressure/temperature sensors will duplicate the iManifold?
  • hvacfreak2
    edited September 2016
    You might want to see which app it uses and check it out. The imanifold app is free on iTunes . The testo app is also free for their sensor / clamp kit and I'm sure Sporlan is as well. The sensor / clamp kits are nice because they are so convienent to hook up to the system ( and no hose loss on the charge either ).

Edit : the imanifold display is the best , it has a high and low virtual gauge set that just looks fantastic. also , search youtube for the imanifold demonstration , the app does some really cool stuff.
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Easyio FG20 Controller

• ratio
    I just looked at the Sporlan app. I can't use the Bluetooth sensors unless I turn on location? Uhhh, no thanks. Very disappointing, I liked the look of it, it seemed quick and uncomplicated.

<rant>I can't imagine why everyone insists on knowing my location. Note to app developers: if use of your app requires location, I. Will. Not. Use. It. Period. Not ever. No way. Not gonna happen.</rant>

Back to looking at the Imperial kit.

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,588
    edited September 2016
    @ratio What's your big fear of turning location on?
    Your phone can be tracked by the phone company whether that's on or not.

Any idea what the app uses location for? Local weather perhaps?

BTW, my mechanical gauges don't need location enabled. :)
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • hvacfreak2
    The location button is only a formality , they already know where you are , bro. lol
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Easyio FG20 Controller

ChrisJ