Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

can i put two thermostats on one zone temporarily

Options
I have two 1 bedroom apts just renovated and now occupied, new radiant system and forgot to pull tstat wire. anyway using honeywells redlink but i suspect because solarization etc each not only will the front and back have different needs but the each apt has a well solarized and a not very solarized room so i have no idea yet where tstat will best work. i would like to give each apt its own visionpro 8000 and remote sensor and use the ability to watch it on internet to see whats happening for a while then decide if i can get away with one location or an average or what. but in the interum i would like either tstat to be able to open the zone valve for that floor manifold, Im hoping i can just twist the wires together and jam them in lol but what happens if the second apt calls while its on etc?

If its pertinent i plan to use the redlink eim for each stat and bring them into the taco expandable zone valve control panel

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,286
    Options
    No problem. Make sure you wire them in parallel, and then the zone valve will open whenever either one of them calls. Use wire nuts! Just twisting can lead to unreliable and perplexing connections...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • keyote
    keyote Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Thanks jamie