Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Final inspection was today.

Options
2»

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    Thanks jonny88 - I draw it on paper after I finish the design and then try to follow the drawing as best I can. I don't know if anything comes really easy to me? I put a lot of effort into things.
    Steve Minnich
  • Tinman
    Options
    But ...organization comes easy to me. That comes in handy when deciding how to attack the piping.
    Steve Minnich
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I see a lot of Caleffi.Hard to find here but worth the wait.Looking forward to seeing your steam boiler.
  • Tinman
    Options
    :smile: I'm looking forward to seeing my steam boiler too. What will be really interesting is when I run the after pics by the steam masters here. I'll be going into the job knowing full well what's in store for me if I don't nail it.
    Steve Minnich
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Yep I posted a few steamers before not for praise but for critique.Enjoy the day.
  • Tinman
    Options
    Oh yeah...critique is what I'm after too although I want to do my part and make their job easier. Bringing my wife to the new shop for the first time time today.
    Steve Minnich
    jonny88rick in Alaska
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,296
    Options
    One can pipe the perfect setup there's always gonna be some who will always comment on how they would've done it differently.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • Tinman
    Options
    Oh, I know. I was a Wall regular very early on, went away for a while, came back to find an even tougher crowd. I'll do my best to prepare myself for the onslaught : )
    Steve Minnich
  • EzzyT
    Options
    Constructive criticism is needed but there's so much if it that's complete nonsense, the down side of posting on a public forum
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
    TinmanFred
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    And so much of it really "Off Topic" as well. Sometimes I almost think some of it is just to accumulate/log more posts but, as you say @EzzyT , that's to be expected on a public forum. @Stephen Minnich , I am sure your steam installation will be a great one! Your work speaks for itself. Quality!
    Tinmanwyo
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Lets see your new shop pictures! I am finally building me a small shop at my house just to do home projects, and to have a place to clean out the van. I am VERY excited about it. Never had a place to work in that didn't involve gravel.
    Rick
  • Tinman
    Options
    There's a way to say most things respectfully. On the internet, that doesn't happen as often as it should.

My .02 cents
    Steve Minnich
  • Fred
    Options
    @Hatterasguy , When I made the comment about "Off Topic" I meant really "Off Topic" as in no way related to the specific thread. Criticisms and Compliments, as they relate to the subject matter of that specific thread ; "Not a Problem" as far as I'm concerned.
  • EzzyT
    Options
    I'm not saying all installations should be applauded, those that clearly done wrong or questionable shall be criticized by all. I personally was taught to always never do the bare minimum.
    If one is going to post there work on a public forum then they should be prepared to be applauded or criticized. If they can't handle the criticism then don't post.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
  • EzzyT
    Options
    I personally welcome criticism and take it constructively, I see it as it allows me to see things in another person perspective and learn from it.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
  • Fred
    Options
    Actually, I didn't have any specific thread in mind. I just see a lot of threads go off into discussions that are actually OT, anything from tools, new meme's, I think I saw one recently on welding techniques (while I found it interesting, it was OT), etc. Just watch for a while, you'll see them as the thread turns to other topics and the OP's seem to disappear.
    EzzyT
  • EzzyT
    Options
    I agree @Fred
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    201-887-8856
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Some people can't take criticism very well. This is a screenshot of a private message I received on Facebook after commenting on a contractors steam install on his Facebook page. This was over a year ago. And for the record the install wasn't even close to correct. I think I may have even posted the picture on here. On my phone so if the picture didn't load let me know.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Fred
    Options
    KC_Jones said:

Some people can't take criticism very well. This is a screenshot of a private message I received on Facebook after commenting on a contractors steam install on his Facebook page. This was over a year ago. And for the record the install wasn't even close to correct. I think I may have even posted the picture on here. On my phone so if the picture didn't load let me know.

OMG!! LMAO as I type this! This is so sick! I guess criticism is not our friend. :)
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Options
    That's some sweet work Tinman!!!

The KHN's have become our "go to" boilers for residential as well as their big brothers, the FTXL's for commercial sized stuff.
    No more high head heat exchangers for us...
    I think Lochinvar has established a new "bar" for the rest of the industry to reach.

We had one 085 model with a gas valve problem but that's it.
    Lochinvar's territory rep worked side by side with us figuring that one out. Spent a full day in the basement with us and to me that is stellar service. Far different than the response we had from a German manufacturer whose equipment was experiencing problems in a good sized commercial job.

We put an FTXL on a 20,000 sq ft radiant slab this winter and when outdoor temp was low, (<10*) we would actually see flue gas temps BELOW return water temps by a couple degrees. Doesn't seem possible but we saw it several times. Basically 100% efficiency at that point.
    Tinman
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,739
    Options
    His last name isn't Trump, but I have a feeling he thinks it is.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,426
    Options
    I don't post installation pictures for praise, I post installation pictures because it's one of my greatest pleasures looking at others installation pictures on the wall. I sometimes look at the same picture 10 times, thinking how I would have done it but also taking mental notes on things I'll implement on my next install. When I post installation pictures, I only hope I'm affording the viewers the same pleasure, whether it be to analize how they may have done it, or take something from it for their next install.
    jonny88Tinman