Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for High Wall ductless unit without invertor

Application is a church sanctuary where the unit will run full load whenever it is on, since it will be either cooling down the space or "undersized" when the space is occupied. I find just a small amount of cooling for church sanctuaries does wonders for comfort since the space is only occupied for a short period of time and precooling can be used. I am looking for the largest quality unit I can find, since noise is a major issue ( the heat is steam, so quiet is the norm for the space). The only one I have been able to find is the 3 ton Toshiba/Carrier Comfort unit with a simple rotary compressor...thier bottom line residential unit. With an EER of 13, IIRC, it probably matches or outperforms most invertor units at full load. Any others out there......
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    I believe that Mitsubishi's residential line is now just a "standard" split, the last one I installed had nothing but a contactor & cap inside the outdoor unit. Dunno how big they go though, nor can I offer an opinion on the sound level.
    Tinman
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    www.mitsubishielectric.com
    I find them to be incredibly quiet..have installed a lot
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    edited June 2016
    I think Gree might make them as well.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Heat Controller D series
  • Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    @John Mills is correct heat controller d series is non inverter ....there ok units seem well made....I just installed about 12 engineer specd them on a job
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
  • The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    I couldn't find the non-invertors on Mitsu's website...which model are they. Also, looked at heat controller and they top out at 2 ton...hope to go bigger. Also, looked at Grees they all look like invertor units.

Thanks for the input, all>

I need to keep looking....
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2016
    Maybe EMI,(Utica Boilers) out of Rome,NY.?