Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System 2000 tea kettle?

Dave19
Dave19 Member Posts: 28
Had a System 2000 today making what I can only describe as a surging sound. Within 20 seconds of the burner coming on the noise starts. Pressure was high but the expansion tank was good so I purged the boiler and zones because it sounded similar to an air noise. No luck, boiler did the same thing, turned on and noise came back in about 20 seconds. Pressure was high again so I released some water and the noise surged faster. Seemed to be the loudest right below where the flue connects to the boiler in the heat exchanger, or maybe that's just where you hear it best because it's open. Could this be a scale issue? I know these boilers are supposed to be treated but this is a First time customer with no service records so I have no idea the history of the boiler. Energy Kinetics tech support said they had never heard of such an issue and said they would call me back. I don't think they are going to, so any help is appreciated.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited March 2016
    They'll call you back. There's a guy from EK on this forum that is fantastic with help/service.
    Can you post a video, or audio of whats happening?

What was the temperature when you heard this noise?
    steve
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Does the pressure gage surge in sync with the sound?

Does the noise get worse when you lower the pressure?

What happens to the pressure if you turn the make up water off? Does it drop to zero?

Could be a scale accumulation issue.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    What did the water that came out look like? Sounds like you need to clean the system water and treat it with an inhibitor.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
  • Dave19
    Dave19 Member Posts: 28
    Brought in a second set of eyes, and he agreed this is a scale issue. And fyi energy kinetics called me this morning to say the same. They suggested furnox. Thanks for the help guys.