Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Solo 110 Ignition Trouble

Jarno7
Jarno7 Member Posts: 3
Our boiler is a Triangle Tube PT110 LP. It is one year old. I am concerned about the way it ignites. When the thermostat calls for heat, the blower starts, and after a few seconds a noticible “puff” sound, followed in about 10-15 seconds by a rather loud “slam”. At this point the display will usually show the flame signal, if not, in a few more seconds, it will ignite with another, softer “slam”, after which the flame signal appears, boiler temperature climbs, and things appear to be operating normally. The venting is through the roof of a one story ranch, about 25 feet of pipe and (5) 90 degree elbows on each leg. Exit through the roof is via a co-linear adapter. Looking at the stack, vapor seems to be rising normally. This behavior seems to have started just recently, when it was first installed it seemed almost silent when starting up, even when standing right next to it.
I'd like to know what's going on.
Ideally, I would like to have an diagnostician with experience with the setup of these boilers take a look at it. The original installers did not attempt to optimize it’s performance, and there are possibly other things that can be corrected or improved. We are located in Fairfield County, CT.

Comments

• With propane, a combustion analysis is crucial to dial in the proper air/fuel mixture. Find a local hydronic contractor that has a combustion analyzer and knows how to use it.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Ironman
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Could be the igniter. They've changed the design due to these types of issues. Suggest you get a contractor.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • wrxz24
    wrxz24 Member Posts: 301
    I too have a TT 110 and have the same issues as you. The loud slam after startup. Not sure what is even making it. I have a new ignitor on hand ready to change due to failed ignitions once in a while. That is on my list for this spring and a good cleaning and combustion test.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    you also need to get pressure's to the unit checked. I would suggest getting it done now and not waiting. Why take a chance of damaging a nice system...
    kcopp