Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vintage sink parts? Where to find them

Options
Steve_in_NH
Steve_in_NH Member Posts: 70
I have a vintage American standard sink that needs some maintenance. I'm having trouble finding replacement parts. The drain plug is rusted away and the hot water faucet drips.

Comments

• Steve_in_NH
    Options
    Photos...
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    Beautiful sink and taps. Won't a washer do the trick?
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    Options
    Unfortunately, as far as I know there aren't too many choices out there for those type of sinks. And there were tons of them out there, you'd think American Standard would still make a faucet for them. The one I've found is the Central Brass CTB 1036. It doesn't come with the pop up but is a pretty good faucet. Does that sink have part of the pop up built into the china? or does it take a standard pop up drain.

Take a picture of the inside back of the sink how that (side to side pop up knob) connects to the drain.

IF there is a model number of the sink on the under side of the bowl, which many times there was somewhere, you could search that model and find out what brand the sink is, call them and tell them your looking for parts for the faucet/drain, and see what they say. Maybe they still have parts but just don't advertise it.

• khkiley
    khkiley Member Posts: 16
    Options
    You could try these guys:

http://deabath.com/index.html

Huge selection of NOS parts, remanufactured parts and new and restored vintage plumbing.

Kurt
  • Steve_in_NH
    Options
    Thanks guys. I didn't find what I was looking for on any of those sites but I have found a site that sells them. I can also purchase my Gorton #2 from them cheaper then supply house.
  • Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    Options
    well... you have to share the site silly... what did you find NOS?
    vaporvac
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,672
    Options
    Wow,
    The house I grew up in had two of those sinks and one was still there when it was sold in 2006. I remember mixing shampoo in the water as a kid and it would cause suds to come out of the overflow slots. :)

That drain pluig was copper or brass from what I recall. Was a cylinder with slots in it for the water to go in.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    If you do decide to replace the faucet, Kohler sells a quality modern washerless faucet that fits shelf-back sinks (though only for 5-1/2" hole centers.) Check out the Triton K-8040, K-8046, and K-8052 models. Not cheap, but very well built. We had about 80 sinks with 6" centers on a job awhile back on which we used the Central Brass 1177-A. They do have compression washers, but they cost about 1/3rd of what the Kohlers do.