Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas Controls, relays etc

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
I have a large number of controls that have never been used. I have them so techs attending my classes can build there own training boards. These controls I will be offering are still in the boxes and have never been used. E-mail me at gastc@cox.net or call me at 401-437-0557 and I will send you a list. The prices will be well below what you would pay for them wholesale.

You pay for control plus shipping and handling.

Comments

• sidfeldman
    sidfeldman Member Posts: 4
    Am looking for one or two simple gas boiler reset controls to help new but low tech boilers from short cycling open to anything techmar 251 , intellydyne , anything simple I live in Drexel hill pA AND THINK I KNOW YOU...
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Taco makes an outdoor reset control that sells for under $200 new. It won't generally do much for short cycling. More info on the system(s) and the spaces it/they heat?
  • sidfeldman
    techmar, taco, intellydyne, all are in rough price range, not sure if major difference for my system.... old house C.I rads but some copper in separate zone. have indirect water heater as well. big boiler heats rads and once they get hot overshoots the thermostat until they cool down my hope is that modulating the high limit may allow more time to get convection from rads to thermostat so that it will tend to even out temp what do you think
  • SWEI
    Straight on/off ODR will give you a range from about 150°F upward on supply temps. That system might need full ODR in order to make it really perform well. Look at a 4-way Taco iSeries-R valve.
  • sidfeldman
    will look it up and see if reasonable option.... thanks
  • SWEI
    Depending on the boiler and system flow rates and head losses, you may be able to get by with a single pump on a 4-way. A 3-way will cost a tad less but requires two pumps.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    These controls are still avaialble.