Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Vitocrossal 300

Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
Had to due an emergency boiler replacement last week to replace a 12yo Buderus G124X that was leaking around the well port. We did the install in a 105yo home and used a LT200 horizontal indirect that was replaced 3 years ago...also a leaker. I offered the owner Viessmann equipment originally, but she wanted to spend less. The 16 cast iron radiators were also retrofitted with TRV's when we installed the original system.
The new Vitocrossal CU-3A is the quietest boiler I've ever used. The front panel jacket is insulated, but there's no operating sound even with the panel removed. A low loss header is not required due to the large flow rates. It is a condensing boiler, so we had to use a neutralizer and condensate pump as there was no floor drain in the boiler room and the waste lines are cast iron. The integral control is easy to program and integrates with a Vitotrol 300 remote thermostat, which has a built-in sensor. This appliance has an output of 101K Btu's. This is a scaled down version of the Vertomat boiler, made for residential use.
Robert O'BrienTinmanShahrdad

Comments

• NYplumber
    NYplumber Member Posts: 503
    Nice work. Wating to see the reliability over the other mod cons on the market. I have two going in shortly. These are akin to a MB S class imo.
    :NYplumber:
  • Paul Pollets
    They wire up a little differently...pumps connect to the wiring block at the bottom of the boiler rather than the top control and the condensate trap uses 1" poly (field supplied). I wouldn't worry about the reliability...
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Love your bracket on exp tank.Interesting unit i will have to do some homework on it.BTW would you ever consider the Caleffi fill valve with backflow.Thanks for sharing
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    I've got a large house that we're bidding with two of these. Can't wait to try them out.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Paul Pollets
    johnny88, RPZ's are required in WA state and I'm particular about whose I use. Wilkens is the easiest to service and test. If HR wants to send me a sample (provided it's an RPZ) I'd try one.
    jonny88
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    The biggest advantage this boiler has is for those retrofits jobs. Labor time is cut in half easily, separate spot for the HX and for Viessmann guys it's the same control that operates the same way as Vitodens. One thing to note is that you will more then likely will need a low profile condensate pump vs a standard condensate pump.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    The increased mass should help with short cycling and the lack of P/S will let the boiler see cooler return temps.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Ironman