Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Convert incoming voltage for boiler w/Honeywell R7910B1015

Does anyone have a suggestion how to convert 220V/1/50hz incoming power to 110V/1/60hz power the R7910B1015 will digest ? The boiler specs show a current draw @ 115V ~= to 12A.
John Cizmar

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    Most 60 HZ equipment will work on 50 HZ but the motors will run a bit slower and only the factory will know if it will operate within acceptable limits. Call the manufacturer and ask them. If they say it will work on 50HZ you will then also need a step down transformer.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Hertz (cycles) is the most complicated thing to convert in an ac system. If the factory says that 50hz is not acceptable, then I would see if the control is available in 220v, 50hz.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • cizjack1029
    cizjack1029 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Bob and Ironman for the responses. I found out that the R7910B1015 control is OEM (with operating parameters programmed) from NTI. They do not supply the boilers for use with European voltage (220V/1/50hz). Honeywell Sola modules are supposedly able to run on 220V/1/50hz but NTI will not share the programing.
    I investigated a 3kVA Frequency converter...a pricy option @ (1) each for 4 boilers.
    I