Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Another Tragedy

RobG
RobG Member Posts: 1,850
edited June 2015 in Carbon Monoxide Awareness
I don't know if anyone has posted on this before, but I just found out about it. They should spend time in school educating children on CO awareness so that they can teach their parents about it. What is more important, sex ed. or staying alive to enjoy sex?
http://www.wlwt.com/news/3-found-dead-in-pleasant-ridge-home/33420994
Zman

Comments

• 4Johnpipe
    4Johnpipe Member Posts: 480
    So sad...especially when its so avoidable...
    LANGAN'S PLUMBING & HEATING LLC
    Considerate People, Considerate Service, Consider It Done!
    732-751-1560
    email: langansph@yahoo.com
    www.langansplumbing.com
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    This is just a few miles from me. Ww seem to have this happen at least every year. That and fires due to space heaters seem to be very prevalent here. I really wish they'd make a bigger deal of it regarding prevention and report back on the actual cause ie. space heater too close to bed, overloading outlet, etc. Public awareness seems very low on both issues.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583
    How is it anyone over the age of 12 is not aware of this?

Sex ed is important.
    So is this. Though honestly I recall being taught about both smoke detectors and co detectors starting in 6th grade. They also told us to always plan an escape route from the home ahead of time.

Perhaps not all areas are up to par on Schooling though i'm talking 20 years ago for me.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment