Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

FEEL LOST! LOOKING FOR A USED STEAM RADIATOR STORE IN NEW YORK OR A HEAT EXPERT WHO COULD HELP!

radiatorcheck
radiatorcheck Member Posts: 7
Hi,

I have steam heat in my apartment, unfortunately the previous owner "upgraded" the unit with those slim radiators, but did not put in enough sections, so the apartment is cold during winter.

I would like to change them back to good cast iron radiators.

Does anybody know a good radiator place in New York that would sell used cast iron steam radiators, or a good heat expert, who would be flexible, looking for used radiators and would not cost a fortune?

Thank you very much for the help. I feel a little lost now.
K.

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    We keep a small library of salvaged radiators at our shop. I'd be happy to take a look at your situation to see if we could help. My contact info is below.
    RobG
  • radiatorcheck
    Joe, thanks! I will send you an email.
    Hatterasguy, I looked at Craigslist, but I am don't know much about radiators, so I don't feel too confident buying there.... I need help with advice on sizes, and installation too...
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    JStar will help you find the ideal solution.--NBC
    RobGZman
  • mxfrank
    mxfrank Member Posts: 22
    It's been many years since I've been there, but there was a place called Mike's Pipe Yard in the Bronx that was always a help when I was looking for out of production stuff. The number I have is 718-655-0952
  • radiatorcheck
    Thank you, mxfrank!