Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell R8991a1019

Options
Rocky_3
Rocky_3 Member Posts: 232
Greetings,
Came across a Honeywell R8991A1019 combination oil primary/ignition transformer the other day. The spark would energize for about 1 second, then go off for one second, then on for one second then off for one second...ok, you get the picture. The boiler wasn't having any issues, but noticed this when i was testing spark strength. This lasted all the way until primary locked out on safety. Just wondering if this is normal for this control, or whether there is an issue. Just never came across the Honeywell version of this type of combination control and was a little uncertain as to how it was supposed to operate. Anyone have any info on whether this "on/off" spark is normal? Of course there was no literature in the boiler room and I looked all over Honeywell's website to no avail and their tech support line was closed for the day. (That's what I get for being on Alaskan time).
Thanks in advance,
Rocky

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    Check you cad cell OHMs. Sounds like might be the problem
  • Marz
    Marz Member Posts: 90
    Options
    IMO I would replace that control asap. It was a short lived control which had many issues where I come from. The Carlin/Phelon is no longer available so you will have to separate the ignitor and the primary.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Oh they're still available (r8991a), but about the wholesale price of 2 ignitors and 2 primary controls combined

There was an error rendering this rich post.