Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Kohler and Moen great service

jonny88
jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
Three weeks ago went to an elderly couples home to fix faucet.8 yr old Kohler.Supply line on hot had developed a pinhole.Tried 3 different supply houses for hose but none had it as it was an old model.Went back to the customers house and explained.They were about to to purchase another faucet.Lady is 73 and still works,husband is a retired cop so living on Long Island is tough as far as bills go.I called Kohler and in 3 minutes the customer assistant had a free yes free faucet in mail.By the way before I could get to the sink I had to sit down and have lunch with them,then coffee and dessert.Sometimes those with the least give the most.Last Thursday a different customer again 8yr old Moen shower body.Cartridge is not available and Moen are replacing for free.Just thought I would share .By the way the retired cop had a massive stroke in the meantime and what a character he is.Hopefully he pulls through.I didnt want to charge the lady but she insisted saying you can go to any house and their is a problem behind every front door.I think I like the older generation than what is coming up today.
SWEIRobGZman

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Thanks for sharing a nice story. Bad ones do tend to bubble up online.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    edited May 2015
    Awesome! I have family in the Bronx and no one can get out of their house without having at least one cup of coffee and a doughnut.

And they would eat cat food before they didn't pay a bill.
    j a_2
  • L Thiesen
    L Thiesen Member Posts: 54
    Jonny, you are lucky with regards to Kohler. A few years ago I sold and installed an expensive Kohler kit faucet, in a few months it was leaking, customer was not happy so I called Kohler. Was told they would send parts but I would have to pay for them, so I repaired the faucet at no cost to the customer, short time later the faucet was leaking again so the customer told me they wanted a new faucet, again I called Kohler and asked about the lifetime warranty, was told no but would replace the faucet if I would pay for it. Waited a day and called Kohler again pretending to be the homeowner, Kohler sent out a replacement faucet at no charge and did not want the old one back. So I would say Kohler does not care about contractors. Yes, I am a licensed plumbing contractor, have been since 1988.q
    j a_2
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    I don't know about Kohler but Moen will send parts free to the homeowner. I believe the reason is Moen believes if contractor gets free parts he then would sell them to customer. I order some for customers using their phone and address. But most of the time I prompt the customer with model number and then have the customer call for the part. There is some hold time on the phone sometimes and I'll let the customer use his time for this. (People will do a lot to get something free!)
  • jonny88
    On both occasions I was at customers house .Moen charged to overnight part on customers card and kohler sent for free using traditional mail.
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Friend of mine has leaking Kohler lavatory (spread faucet). She contacted them & they sent her new stems. Problem now is, I can't remove EITHER handle assembly. Broke my strap wrench & held back from underneath. Best part, it's on a massive pedestal that isn't even fastened to the wall, but rather Phenosealed basin to pedestal, and pedestal to floor.
    This should be fun!
    j a_2
  • jonny88
    feel your pain.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    I hate pedestal sinks! I can't imagine what the dead men went through using galvanized pipe and no slip joints.
  • jonny88
    agreed,i get sick looking at them.Rather break down an old oil boiler
    RobG