Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

replacement board needed for automated logic board

does anyone know of an I/O board that is BAC Net compatible,and can be installed in an existing staged, 4 compressor ac unit? we have a unit that has a defective Automated logic I/O point expander board part #x8160s.The problem is the board is no longer made by the manufacturer, and the equipment manufacturer has a retrofit kit that is super expensive.A new unit could be bought for how much they want for the kit.There has to be a board made by someone that has 8 digital outputs,11 analog inputs, and 5 digital inputs.If anyone has ran into this situation,please post. Thanks to all.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    I would post that question here in this controls forum if you don't get any help.
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?26-Controls
    steve
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Are you sure that The Automated Logic board is part of the equipment?? Or is it a control board installed by the control contractor?
    Don't know where your located but the Automated Logic dealer in MA. is Yankee Technology, Ludlow, MA Moody street 1-413-547-6595. If you strike out there you may have to retrofit someone else's board.
  • zepfan
    zepfan Member Posts: 397
    It is part of the equipment, when I contacted York they were well aware of the board, and the fact it was no longer made by Automated Logic.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Well, that sucks. How old is the unit?
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    A point expander will be tethered to a controller of some sort. Is the controller present and working? Your best bet would be to find a used or NOS replacement.

If ALC does not currently make a compatible expander, you will need to migrate the programs and config from the old controller to a new platform (or start from scratch and write new code.)
  • zepfan
    zepfan Member Posts: 397
    The unit is only 9 years old.That is what we are looking at now is gutting the units controls, and installing new controls.Probably orion controls