Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Leaky pex joint

Options
sanjayp
sanjayp Member Posts: 19
I noticed water on my floor and realized the pex joint under my hot water radiator has been dropping about 1 tablespoon of water a day. I put a little dish to capture the water but I'm concerned if something like this should have happened. The heating system is fairly new. I attached a picture.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    I looks like you have workmanship issue. The pex should not be unsupported or in an area that can easily damaged by everyday activity's like vacuuming.
    I would suggest having the tubing relocated and properly supported.
    That style cinch clamp is not very common(except for lawn irrigation) They may be part of the problem.
    Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • bmwpowere36m3
    bmwpowere36m3 Member Posts: 512
    Options
    Zman said:

I looks like you have workmanship issue. The pex should not be unsupported or in an area that can easily damaged by everyday activity's like vacuuming.
    I would suggest having the tubing relocated and properly supported.
    That style cinch clamp is not very common(except for lawn irrigation) They may be part of the problem.
    Carl

I don't like those style clamps... but they are approved for PEX A/B/C ASTM F876/877 use, like Sharkbite, Apollo, Watts, etc...
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Yea that looks like crappy work, why wouldn't you copper in areas where you see.