Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

roll out trip on payne cond. furnace

Paul_69
Paul_69 Member Posts: 251
Roll out tripping, no inducer or vent issues . Lousy looking flame, proper gas pressures per specs. 10% co2,2% 02,1300ppm co before mter crashed!! Couldnt revive for co air free reading , xair 16%.I obvlously shut down furnace. Payne unit 10 yrs without service. New trap, and pressure switch 3 months ago from being blicked up. Clear now. Ran 3 months untill now.also has outside air but optional air csp was kff in csbinet so it was sucking laundry lint in small room probsbly gor 10 yrs. Called carrier tech support and they feel he is blocked and told to shut down and replace he or unit. What a bizzare siTuation.customer neglected regular maintenaNce. Just wanted to post. Feel free to comment

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Either a blocked or cracked HX. A draft reading on the inlet of the inducer would tell if it's blocked.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Paul_69
    Thanks, but either way its toast, according to carrier. First time I have ever had something this neglected on service and these exsteme readings. thanks bob
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Bob is probably right. Run it with the indoor blower off and give the flame a visual look. Then look again with the blower on.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Get that secondary outta there. If you are a Bryant or Carrier dealer, they will warranty the secondary (and primary) and I think there's some labor money though I've heard grumbling that it isn't very much. Locally they weren't letting non dealers have warranty exchangers though the warranty guy at the Bryant dealer said he'd let me if I needed one. We just yank the furnaces, usually they are up there in age.
  • Paul_69
    Thx