Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HydroMX

Options
CMadatMe
CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
edited December 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
Anyone have any experience with this product? Thoughts?

http://greenwaysolutionsco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Heat-Transfer.pdf
"The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    I am not familiar

with it but one of my students recently mentioned the name of it. I looked at the brochure it is very interesting, I wonder what the pricing on it is?
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    I would say

In theory it makes sense.

My gut opinion is if the container says shake well before using could mean a recipe in the long term for issues.

What happens if there is a dirt separator installed in the system?

Not knocking something I have no experience with, but suspended aluminum, or copper ( is there a choice) in a hydronics system seems like a future fouling agent to me.
  • Gordy
    Options
    What I mean by my last post

Is what happens to the suspended nano particles when the system is idle? Especially over the non heating/cooling time frames.
  • CMadatMe
    Options
    Water

What concentration of this juice is water? What about dissimilar metals in a system? Gots a million questions on this sutff. Not getting many replies, really looking for someone who has experience using this potion.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Gordy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Chris

From what information that y you provided they are hanging their hat on heat transfer first. Non fouling to the system second. What if it does create issues a refund on the potion ?

What lab tests were done strictly heat transfer? What time frame was observed with no system issues?

What types of piping? Types of hydronic systems?

I'm share the same thoughts, and right now I see radiator stop leak in a nano form.

People here nano technology, and think it is high tech.

Think about HX fouling. Bad Water deposits alone can create havoc.
  • CMadatMe
    Options
    Been thinking

Those same things. Have someone asking us if we are interested in it and trying to see if anyone has used it.
  • Des
    Des Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Results

Hi all,

Like all, I to was very skeptical about this product.

Being the Chief engineer at a Major Broadcast Facility I to was not 100 percent convinced about this product.

After months of testing I am extremely excited to report the results were better than expected.

We  installed  Hydromx into (2)  crtical 20 ton Dry cooled systems and have found an overall saving of 35%.

We are currently getting ready to install  Hydormx into our entire heating plant which consist of over 100,000 sqft. of office space.

Please feel free to reach out if you would like some additional information .

Thank you,

Desmond
  • Hydromx

Hello my name is Justen and I am a Sales Engineer at Green Way Solutions the exclusive distributors of HydroMX in North America. I am more than happy to answer your questions and concerns about our heat transfer fluid. For your information we have conducted numerous testing procedures and have completed over a dozen installations of HydroMX in various applications. These applications range from closed loop heating systems, radiant heating, and glycol cooled data systems. We have received positive feedback from all end users and all have reported energy savings in the range of 25-35%.

To answer one of your particular questions about the shaking of our product before use is a recommendation we make that only pertains to the red dye of the product. Independent testing from reputable laboratories have shown that there is no settling of the nano particles whether the systems is idle or not. The concentration of the product is a 50/50 mixture with water and is applicable to all closed loop heating, cooling, solar, and geothermal systems. HydroMX is compatible with all piping systems. HydroMX is manufactured with all the necessary inhibitors to prevent corrosion and scaling.

Please visit our website for more information.

Thank You

Justen
  • MrGoGreen
    MrGoGreen Member Posts: 1
    Options
    As a UK energy efficiency company we see Hydromx becoming a major asset in the battle to reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions here in the UK.

Allan Smith
    Energy Effective Ltd
    Wales
    United Kingdom
  • hydromx
    hydromx Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I,m a energy surveyor for energy savings uk the sole supplier for hydromx in the England . We are binging Hyromx to the uk residential market this month . it is buildcert and ukas approved . please visit energysavingsuk.co.uk for more information .
    Martin Hawksworth
    Energy Surveyor
    Energy Savings Uk
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    I don't think we know any more now than the beginning of the thread.
    I'll be interested to visit the website and see more.
    Certainly the potential for clogging heat exchangers would be a worry. Would these nanoparticles pick up, and discharge heat any better than..........water? Certain salt water/solutions have more thermal mass, but at what expense to the chemical degradation of the heat exchanger?
    Maybe Icesailor could be encouraged to fly over and visit the home office?--NBC
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    edited March 2015
    Options
    nbc.....Maybe a few more SPAM's would convince you?..lol When Dan himself posts this product, I'd be a believer. Until then, I'd wait and see.
  • Don_197
    Don_197 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    I see it is a Belgian company and I have relatives in the industry in Belgium, and the Belgians really know their stuff......but the website no where states what the chemical makeup is, or HOW the heat carrying capacity is brought to "higher than water" specifications..........and the grammar on the site is terrible.