Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fujitsu RLS2 clicking noises

Ok here is the issue I'm faced with... I've installed 27 Fujitsu rls2 (all sizes 9,12,15) and for the most part they have been great. I'm a one man shop up here north of bangor, ME. Out of the 27 units I've installed I just recently gotten called back on 3 separate units by 3 customers 2-15RLS2 and a 12RLS2 all for the same issue of a clicking noise when the front cover on the air handler opens or closes. After checking out the units I've determined it's the gear on the cover.
I have been searching for a part number on that gear, supply house never got back to me yet with part number. I would like to know or would like to hear of anyone else with a similar issue that has experience with these units. I'm worried that this maybe a design issue (weak gear on shaft) . I've talk to the salesman at my supplier and he has not heard of any problems with the covers. I took the salesman/rep on a site and he also confirmed the gear is skipping, that's when he was suppose to get me a replacement part and part number. Still waiting on that.
Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    I have one each of those units in my home. The 12 is coming up on 4 yrs old the 15 will be 2 soon. Mine have not made a clicking noise. The 12 wouldn't close for a while, but I'll take credit for that. In other words, improper installation of the cover and lid after a cleaning. With 3 doing the same thing I think I'd kick it upstairs to see if this is a common fault. Call SRGI at 508 822-3939 or Fujitsu Tech at 888 888-3424
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    I'd be concerned that homeowner tried to lift cover manually? I've installed several rls2 units with no clicking gear problems.
  • NJ, Designer
    NJ, Designer Member Posts: 53
    If I'm not mistaken they discontinued that model for that reason.
    I was looking in to them and was told by the training course that they had too many problems with the cover and there for they discontinued them, LG makes a nicer picture frame wall mount unit and was told to keep away for the same reason...
    Basically these units are good @ heating and cooling. not fine mechanical gearing....

Go to fujitsugeneral.com sign up for access and they have all the manuals easily accessible there. I could try to post some but there so many, let me know if you want me to...