Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett AF 2

Options
Had a puzzler tonight. Peerless Direct vent boiler with a AF 2 burner. Get there burner is running constant but no flame delayed oil valve not open. Check for power no power to valve. Change primary to the new Honeywell with the display. Go to cycle and still won't put out oil display flashes back and forth between trial for ignition and burner off delay and runs for a while. Change out clean cut pump and cord to pump thinking there might be a short in it still nothing. Wire valve to burner motor and we have oil pressure. So I think my primary is bad out of the box get another out of the truck same thing. Bottom line left the oil valve wired to the burner motor and programmed it for no on delay and no off delay. I have to go back tomorrow what am I missing I am stumped.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    IMO, "Clean Cut" pumps cluck like an old hen being chased by a horny rooster. If the oil valve goes, its a whole new pump. I needed to stock 2 kinds. With the standard pump, and an oil valve, you change the valve if needed. You bypass the bad valve, and if it them fires, you have lift-off until you get another valve.

I liked using my Mitco Qwik-Chek pump tester on burners when I serviced them. I had to get and make up a special rig to connect my tester because the pump valve was in the way. The oil valve goes in the pressure test port.

I personally thought that it was just another way for Suntec to get people to stop rebuilding their pumps.

Another bright idea to make the lives of some, more miserable than it already is.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Polarity? Voltage? L1 and B1 reversed on primary control?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • icesailor
    Options

Polarity? Voltage? L1 and B1 reversed on primary control?

Aaron_in_ Maine is no slouch.

"Clean Cut" pumps are a PITA. You can't just bypass them to decide of its just a bad valve. If the valve won't open, you can't bypass the pump to see if it is OK.

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    How is the puff switch wired in?
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Options
    Went back today went straight down from top to bottom checking every wire to make sure nothing was loose. Started the burner then went back to the aquastat to put the cover on burner started freaking out ended up being the circuit board in aquastat had a break in it going to the B2 terminal.

• icesailor
    Options
    Like I said before. Aaron is no slouch.

Is that the Honeywell control that had all the issues with the board breaking around B-1 and B-2?
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Options
    I am not good with the model numbers. It was the older cold start aquastat with the dial.