Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trinity T150

Options
tagh
tagh Member Posts: 1
Had another wind driven Blizzard last night in Boston 50 MPH wind driven light powder snow with 10 degree temp
T150 Ran all night at with temp at 60. Natural Gas unit. Upon awakening turned unit to 67 ran one cycle and heard unit in upstairs closet attempting to start under gas valve lock out. Thinking of the violent wind driven light snow I believed the unit could have sucked in snow thru roof took intake which now has about 2 feet of snow on it. Ignitor glows each time and the unit attempts start hearing the gas valve opening. You can hear gas enter and the chamber goes POOF with a small first time heard small gas firing and then valve with close and then goes on two more cycles and then defaults off.I took off inlet PVC pipe on top of finance and it was wet inside which could be condensation ? could the firing chamber be wet. Could the head of chamber gotten damaged and cracked/split causing this odd failure. Could the chamber just be wet and grounding out.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,280
    Options
    Is that roof intake clear? If not, time to get up there and clear it and all around it. While you are at it, find the exhaust and clear all around it, too. Then check that both intake and exhaust are clear inside -- no ice build up (like: NO ice build up).

That's for starters, anyway.

You do have a CO monitor in there, don't you?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • FranklinD
    FranklinD Member Posts: 399
    Options
    When my air intake pipe frosted completely over, it would continually go through the ignition process and ignite with a slight 'poof'. Then it would recycle. Or it would burn for 1-5 seconds, then go out, then start to recycle.

As Mr. Hall stated, make sure you have a working CO detector. Then make sure everything intake- and vent-related is completely clear of ice, snow, and heavy frost.
    Ford Master Technician, "Tinkerer of Terror"
    Police & Fire Equipment Lead Mechanic, NW WI
    Lover of Old Homes & Gravity Hot Water Systems