Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Similar Circulator Pumps?

Metalguy
Metalguy Member Posts: 6
edited February 2015 in Gas Heating
Issue solved. Thanks to those who gave good, USEFUL advice.
"I'm NOT a "Pro", I just know how to and prefer to use my own two hands and some tools to repair or replace what's broke when it's broke!"

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
    I'll answer, why don't you switch pumps out on a real cold day and see if this pump can keep up.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Taco 110 would be a direct replacement for a series 100. A Taco 0010 would probably do the job more economically.
    Metalguy
  • Metalguy
    Metalguy Member Posts: 6
    @ Snowmelt, Umm, every day in a NYC winter is cold, especially this past week where it's been hitting 0f and under, and I really didn't have time to play around with swapping pumps, I just needed to get a working one in and get some heat going.... @ Paul48 for the advice, I wasn't sure about using a Taco, I assumed that since the specs between a Taco 0010 and B&G series 100 are a bit different that it might not have been able to handle the load. Due to local supply and prices I ended up going with an Armstrong S-25. Not one of the 10 supply houses in my area had a single B&G in stock, Most places had nothing but the S25. The S25 swapped right in with very little hassle. Refilling and bleeding the second floor rads was the real hassle. Armstrong's seem to have a good rep and are a bit cheaper than B&G, Plus the Armstrong only needs 1/4oz of oil once per year as opposed to the B&G which required more frequent oilings and got oiled in 3 locations. The only big difference between the series 100 and the S25 was the way (cable entry location) the electric hooked up.
    "I'm NOT a "Pro", I just know how to and prefer to use my own two hands and some tools to repair or replace what's broke when it's broke!"
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    The S25 is so similar to a Series 100 that the parts interchange. Similar story around here - roughly 2/3rds the price of the B & G.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Just to be clear.......Taco 110 or Taco 0010. Doesn't matter anyway.
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
    Sometimes you have to go with what supply house has. But the time you spent writing a post you could of swapped the two pumps out.