Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Why can't I find a good radiant contractor in Milwaukee/SE Wisconsin?

Options
This is mostly a vent post, but I'm really frustrated with my situation:

I'm remodeling my basement, and want to use my existing boiler to add heat to my newly finished space.
I've called multiple contractors, including ones mentioned on this forum, without much luck.

How can you run a business when you: Don't return my phone calls, or call me back after 3 weeks, or act interested but never actually send an estimate???
If you're too busy or don't want to deal with my project, JUST TELL ME.

Not to paint an entire service trade with a broad brush, but doesn't common sense tell you to treat others as you'd like to be treated?

/Vent off.
Can anybody share a decent, hydronic contractor in Milwaukee/SE Wisconsin?

Thanks and sorry for the rant.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    How about starting a new thread on the Main Wall titled "Looking for Hydronic Contractor near Milwaukee"?

You'll get more exposure there and maybe more responses if you approach it seeking rather than venting. That turns contractors away because they assume you're ready to take your frustrations out on them.

I'm sorry that whoever you've contacted hasn't gotten back to you, but most of the men on here run small shops where they work long hours, have to do everything to run the business and will avoid contracting with anyone that they perceive to be impatient or demanding. I'm not saying that you are that way, but this post leaves that impression.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    RobG
  • MKEhomeowner
    MKEhomeowner Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try the Main Wall.

You are right, my post does come across as difficult, but I'm frustrated. I suppose asking a busy contractor to add new business in the middle of the heating season is the most difficult time.
  • Claymore
    Claymore Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I know can recommend a few depending on your location,
    I am in south central wisconsin
  • MKEhomeowner
    MKEhomeowner Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I am just west of Milwaukee. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance