Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

1 zone now, considering 2 zones

Options
13»

Comments

• maybemark
    maybemark Member Posts: 1,131
    Options
    Harvey
    I misunderstood your last post. Now i understand. But, it just so happends I have my whole house thermostat in the living room, I set it for 3 degrees lower than i wanted the rest of the house to be. Now, the living room is warm, I let it at 68, like the rest of the house, and bring it down to 63 at night, for sleeping
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    Hey, as long as it works, keep doing what you do.

It may change once the new boiler is installed and you are running an ODR curve. Once you are running the ODR curve, you can expect much longer system run times. That means the rads in question will stay hot for longer, allowing the fans to run for longer periods. The potential exists, for this room to satisfy setpoint and the master thermostat shutting down the system prematurely.

There are several ways to address this if it becomes an issue.

#1 Put the fans on a variable speed control. This would allow you to balance the btu output of the rad in proportion to the rest of the house.

#2 Move the master thermostat to another location outside of the room. If the room tends to get to warm, install the previously discussed room thermostat to shut off the fans once the room reaches setpoint.

Again, as long as things work for you the way you have it, don't bother with this. If they don't, implement one of these solutions.
  • maybemark
    Options
    harvey
    at this moment, the living room is the same temp as my kitchen. i am happy if this changes, when the new boiler is installed, i will very much consider the options you are mentioning. but for now, i have a nice warm living room, same temp of the rest of the house
    thanks
    mark
  • maybemark
    Options
    I have to tell everyone, by putting that fan behind the radator, now the room is the same tep of the rest of the house
    thanks all
    Mark
  • maybemark
    Options
    I took a better look, that room is warmer than the other rooms now. it is 68 degrees, what I have the thermostat set at, my bedroom is 67 and my kitchen is 67. I might try playing with the valves on the radiators in the living room, lessen the flow to those 2 radiators.
    but all and all, this is great
  • maybemark
    Options
    when my therostat goes to night mode, the living room stays at 68 with the fan running. This creates a small problem. I unplugges the fan for the mean time, but it would be nice something automatic
  • Heat_n_CT
    Heat_n_CT Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Put a timer on the fan.
    maybemark
  • maybemark
    Options
    good idea, to turn off at night
    thanks