Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Merry Christmas from the RPA

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
Greetings Wallie Contractors, As a gift from the RPA and IAPMO to you, I have posted a video on some modified power tools that can help you save time in your daily jobs, and as we all know, saving time saves MONEY. Normally, these video ideas will only be made available to members only, but this is our gift to the hydronic contractors of America (and Canada!). If you'd like to see more, which will be posted on a regular basis, join the RPA today by going to www.radiantprofessionalsalliance.org and click on JOIN. Thank you for your time and consideration, and please, do yourself a favor and join this very worthwhile organization. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here and I will respond in a timely manner. THANKS! and Thanks to Dan and TLM for allowing me to post this information here.

http://youtu.be/GOQBs1-bkbA
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Thanks and Merry Christmas, Mark. I think everyone should join RPA. I love what's happening there.
    Retired and loving it.
    Mark Eatherton
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Merry Christmas, M.E.! I'll be joining soon. Promise. You're right in my neighborhood now. In fact, I was working in Mokena, IL today.
    Steve Minnich
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Nice. What grit on the sander?
  • Mark Eatherton
    Thanks Steve. Truth be known, my office is in Colorado. I do spend a limited amount of time in Mokena though. Kurt, I use a 120 grit belt, and it lasts forever. If you look closely, you will see that there is also a rotary disc sander on the same unit, but I have yet to find a decent disc with a good adhesive that doesn't break down, so i just use the belt.
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Thank you Dan, we appreciate your support of our organization and this wonderful industry. Wouldn't be the same without you.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Looks like it might be one of these? Can't argue with the price, especially if you leave out the disc.
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    I wonder of there would be a way to convert the disc into a reamer and build a chop saw in there as well. It would sure save allot of time on larger jobs. Maybe the RPA could design one and use it as a marketing tool? ;)
  • Mark Eatherton
    Rob, Maybe one of these days. In reality, there is really very little material left inside the pipe once the saw is done. You can actually take the "cling on" off with your finger (CAREFULLY).

As noted on the video, the biggest problem is the copper shavings, You will want to have a good rug between the mechanical room and the rest of the home to keep the particles from migrating out into the house. They make a "tent" that can be set over the saw and keeps the cuttings close at hand.
  • Tinman
    edited December 2014
    I'm going to use those ideas for pre-fabricating in the shop and maybe if I get a big enough mechanical room on the jobsite. It seems the bigger the houses get, the smaller the mechanical rooms are.
    Steve Minnich
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Make sure you wear the protective gear. I can attest to the terminal velocities of the particles of copper flying
  • Tinman
    I'll be in Full Metal Jacket.
    Steve Minnich