Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Finding an Old Peerless Boiler Manual???

I have a Peerless G-461-SP-1 steam boiler that was installed in the late 80's. I'd like to find a manual so I can see how the near boiler piping is "supposed" to be installed. I contacted Peerless and they said:

"That model was manufactured by the former Peerless Heater Company; unfortunately we would not have any information any longer."

So I'm hoping there is a steam geek somewhere out there with a manual on pdf ready to go. Google didn't help me any...

Comments

• j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Generally, the peerless company refers you to a typical install per I=B=R specs….Order the color of steam by peerless….just go to there web site….Or better yet Dans steam books...
  • AdmiralYoda
    AdmiralYoda Member Posts: 624
    So in general there is a right way and a wrong way.....not a specific way that each manufacturer would like for the particular boiler?
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    We generally ignore the manufacturer's piping reccomendations as they are always inadequate. I've designed my own pipe size charts that make a boiler perform much more efficiently. The piping arrangement should be uniform for every boiler, regardless of manufacturer.
    KC_Jones
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    JStar said:

We generally ignore the manufacturer's piping reccomendations as they are always inadequate.

Unfortunately so do the knuckleheads. Of course they ignore on the wrong side of right unlike you. lol
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Hap_Hazzard
    Hap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,846
    Here's the manual you want: http://www.peerlessboilers.com/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?EntryId=82&PortalId=0&DownloadMethod=attachment

You have a pre-1984 series 61 with 4 sections. When the company changed hands they rearranged the model numbers, so the G-461 became the 61-04. There were a few minor changes--notably the addition of a skim port--but it's basically the same boiler.
    Just another DIYer | King of Prussia, PA
    1983(?) Peerless G-561-W-S | 3" drop header, CG400-1090, VXT-24
  • AdmiralYoda
    AdmiralYoda Member Posts: 624
    Wow thank you! What made me think it was late 80's is the electrical diagram on the back of the inspection panel. It has a 1987 date on it.