Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

glow fly universal ignitor

Paul_69
Paul_69 Member Posts: 251
How can u carry all the types of glow ignitor.how are the universsl glow fly ignitors? Do they fit most are they permanent? Any other suggestions. Thx

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Glow Fly by Honeywell or any of the other Silicon Nitride Igniters can only be used as igniters they can't be used as sensors. You are better off replacing with the exact igniter (silicon carbide) designed to be used with the equipment you are servicing. Robertshaw has a good kit you can buy that has about 14 or 15 igniters in the kit and covers a wide array of igniters. The other company that has igniters is White Rodgers. In my Electric Ignition Systems Volume II manual we give a complete cross reference of all igniters and which ones are interchangeable from White Rodgers to Robertshaw and vice versa. They all come from the same company called Corstech used to be Norton (Saint Gobain)
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Personally I have not had much luck with universal igniters. Tim is right better to use the OEM igniter. I only carry maybe four different types though. Often times it's the plug not the igniter that makes the difference and you can always wire nut the old plug to the new igniter.