Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TEKMAR 361

Techman
Techman Member Posts: 2,144
Inside the control is a dip switch, the dip sw is for 30% enable or 10% enable. What is it that is being "enabled" ?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    From the manual...
    BOILER ENABLE (30% Enable / 10% Enable)
    The 361 has a DIP switch that allows for the selection between a 30% boiler enable and a 10% boiler enable. This switch is only functional when the Boiler Sensor DIP switch is set to Return.
    In the 30% position, the 361 closes the Boiler contact when the variable speed output exceeds 30%. The Boiler contact remains closed until the variable speed output reduces below 15%. This setting would normally be chosen for low mass boilers (copper fin- tube, etc.), or systems with low thermal mass in the loop between the boiler and the variable speed injection pump.
    In the 10% position, the 361 closes the Boiler contact when the variable speed output exceeds 10%. The Boiler contact remains closed until the variable speed output reduces below 5%. This setting is normally chosen for high mass boilers (cast iron, steel fire- tube, etc.), or systems with large thermal mass in the loop between the boiler and the variable speed injection pump.
    In order to prevent short cycling, the Boiler contact has a minimum on time, and a minimum off time.

Here's the manual:
    http://www.eagle-mt.com/downloads/Tekmar/Tekmar_D361_Mixing_Control_Data.pdf
    steve
    Zman
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited November 2014
    Thanks. I've read the manual,but, I guess I don't understand what the word enable means or its effect on the "system". I understand that the dip switch in one position causes the pump motor to something & supply/return sensor locations.I have several of tekmars"Essays" that I still have to read. Tks again.

Those boiler contacts have a minimum on/off time as stated. Do you happen to know what those time cycles are?
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    The Boiler Enable contacts are wired to the gas valve and fire the boiler.
  • Tim Potter
    Tim Potter Member Posts: 273
    The way I understand it, when the injection pump ramps up to (30% or 10%) then the control fires the boiler (or enables the boiler to fire). From watching my own 361, & because it has learning capability, I believe other factors are taken into consideration before firing the boiler.
    Winter Park, CO & Arvada, CO