Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ICM AL 1008 Fan-only?

I have a Riello 40-F3 I am trying to wire for fan-only. Looking at the ICM AL 1008 control/relay this doesn't seem to be a possibility. Am i missing something? My thermostat is fan-only ready.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    You are going to have to provide a bit more info to get this one answered. What t-stat? What model boiler?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    You need to look at your fan control and that ain't it. Where are you getting the ICM number from?
  • Buster
    Buster Member Posts: 36
    The picture above is the relay to control only the Riello burner that it is mounted on, step back and take another pic of inside entire unit. How many wires are coming down to the unit from the thermostat?
  • dlr902
    dlr902 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the replies. No boiler here as it is a forced air system. Two wires only connecting to the burner...but as mentioned the thermostat has terminals for at least the three needed for fan only. The wires from the theromstat are old, obvously just switched off of an older thermostat. So I know I need to run new wire, but can't work out the connections at the furnace end. There is some kind of upgrade box as well with a manual fan switch, but obviously I don't want to have to access that every time I want to circulate some air. The furnace itself is now only a backup to my heat pumps. Pics attached of wiring & manual switch.
  • dlr902
    Couple more wiring pics for good measure. Red wire comes from thermostat...cable then goes from burner to upgrade box, and from there one goes to fan control...
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    So, what's inside the box?
    A picture of the inside of the box would be nice.
    If you are real lucky there may be a wiring diagram on the back of the cover.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Buster
    Its a Kerr furnace, the model # could help also...
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    It looks to me like there is no fan control other then the limit and the manual switch. You would need to get a separate relay and wire it in.
  • Buster
    Its in the box!
  • dlr902
    OK...pic of the spaghetti in the box, and a wiring diagram. For what it's worth, the furnace is a Kerr Eclipse KMR-095. I think unclejohn may have called it with his last comment. If so, the manual switch will have to suffice...I'll just rewire the switch that so I can toggle it without having to remove a wall panel and get on my knees.