Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hydroniCad

Options
MikeJ
MikeJ Member Posts: 103
Looking at HydonicCad by Anthony Macars & John Siegenthaler, Would like to know if anyone has use this, or maybe there is similar software I don't know about . I need something to lay out tubing to show to builders and homeowners, for a better presentation

Like to show the lay out, different zones plus help us pick the best lay out pattern.

Thanks

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Cad

I bought hydronicad recently. It does a great job with boiler piping.

I would l also would like to know what folks are using for loops and electrical drawings.

Loopcad seems to be popular.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    HydroniCAD

is nice for piping diagrams, maybe not what you want for loop layout. LoopCAD might be a better choice.

Go with the Combo Pack HydroniCAD and HDS V-2 I use the Hydronic Design Studio all the time.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,543
    Options
    Did not like

I purchased one of the first versions of the HydroniCad which had a glitch...

After Painfully sketching up a system the drawing changed from color to black and White.

Siggy send me a new Disk which worked.

I did not like that the icon desktop had fixed Icons and did not allow me import / create my own Icons on the desktop. (One could create Icons but they could not be saved on the desktop)..It was not very user friendly.

Improvements ... How about a Icon that has a Value i.e. Flow rates associated with it so that it becomes a true Design tool as well.

It could even red flag Pumping into/ Short cycling/over pumping/Over/Under sizing of Heat sources type Situations..

Some European manufactures offer free analytically tools with limited drawing capabilities..

I hear Some folks are using Google sketch and just creating the Icons them self..
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    Visio

it has a lot more potential, and the price is right. Nice to be able to change the size of the component also. Here are some Visio stencils we built that you are welcomed to.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,543
    Options
    Visio/CAD/Sketch/

Hi Bob,

That took some time to create?

Every Manufacture should create a Stencil and provide all of the components information/ Values..i.e. Pump curves/ Flow rates...

Maybe it is time for some Norms... Not saying DIN maybe USIN or even better IIN !

All of the Manufactures would have to agree on a Platform though that will be though part everybody will have to be on the same level...Without a ego..

I'd think that Siggy must have a larger Library of Stencils at this point..Could not blame him if he does not Share with out Benefiting financially ..

How about the 1 cent cell Phone ?

• gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    Options
    Taco

Taco has few very good programs on their site.