Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Head Pressure Controls

On AC&R equipment, that has a factory installed    "head pressure controlling device(s)",what is the CondensingTemp, that the factory pre-set these devices for?Or the pressurers that these devices operate at is just as good!

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Depends on the refer

It would depend on the refrigerant.  The head pressure control for 410A would be set much higher than it would for 22 or 407, etc...

And, if it is being used for low ambient operation, then those settings would be different still.

Did you have a specific application that you were thinking about?
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    HPC's

Hi Chris, this is more about trying to get a couple of brother wallies to see/get a point about" HeadPressure", about CT-CondensingTemperature( which does not change) about CondensingPressurers( which does change). I ask questions so that others don't have to! Or not sure how to! I'll ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    HPC

That is great Terry.  Plenty rolling around in my head, if you can figure out what question to ask in order to pry it out.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    This is fun.

Pop Quiz.

HPC's need to maintain approximately 90° to 100° condenser temperature for a couple reasons. The temperature/pressure needs to be high enough to provide effective heat rejection in the summertime and maintain a full liquid line. The CP needs to remain fixed (not allowed to go below a certain level) in order for the metering device to function properly and also to prevent the compressor from short cycling on the low pressure cut/out switch. (normal system)

Harvey
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    HPC's

OK ,Mr.meplumber, here goes,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! I see a bank, I see lots of money,I see lots of cameras,and I see (horizontal) pin stripe suits. So I'm going to say "no" not this way! LOL .