Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

KANE 455 flue gas analyser...

Options
Any one have used KANE 455 flue gas analyser. Please give feed back about the life of the CO2 sensor in KANE455 analyser.

I am using Bacharach fyrite. Plan to change new one. In bacharach once in 2 year Oxygen sensor needs to be changed.

As per KANE 455 CO2 sensor life is long. Is it true? Any one having experience with KANE455?

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Oxygen Sensors:

The oxygen sensor in a Bacharach "Insite" is field replaceable by the owner. The sensor lasts two years or less. I haven't heard of any lasting any longer. The CO2 sensor lasts longer. An amount of uses as opposed to a time with Oxygen sensors.

What to "Kane" analyzers offer that is better?

Whoeler's seem to always going back for repair and calibration and are expensive to buy. Testo's seem to work well and are reliable. I have a friend with 3 UGI's because one is always back for repair and he doesn't want to be caught without one.

What does KANE bring to the table?
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    The majority of testers

have an oxygen sensor and a Carbon Monoxide sensor, some can be changed in the field. UEI offers one with a CO2 sensor but none of the others have a CO2 sensor. That is unless Icesailor has info on some new ones I do not know about. Most of the detectors sold today can be sensor changed and calibrated in the field without sending back to the factory.

I believe the Kane is a commercial industrial level tester but I will look it up to make sure.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Kane is a British company

the 455 and 457 can be seen at www.jmwlimited.co.uk/kane_455_combustion_analyser.html