Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

burnham gas fired boiler

nanna
nanna Member Posts: 2
My burnham gas fired boiler has an automatic feed. I am having a problem with the water feed filling up even though the vial is at the normal water level. It will click on and feed water until the vial is full and keeps going. I shut the unit off and drain the water to the regular spot on the vial. It will work for awhile and then It will continually feed the water again. At one point I saw water on the floor.

Comments

• bustoff315
    bustoff315 Member Posts: 26
    LWCO

It's very likely that the low water cutoff is incorrectly telling the water feeder to add more water to the boiler. Do you have an internal probe low water cutoff, or an external float low water cutoff? How old is the boiler?
  • nanna
    nanna Member Posts: 2
    Burnham gas fired boiler

The boiler is just 5 years old. How do I tell if it is n internal probe low water cutoff or external float? I can tell you that there is a small black box that has a green light and a red light on it.
  • Steve Nichols
    Steve Nichols Member Posts: 124
    edited February 2014
    Steam boiler?

Hi, this sounds like a steam boiler since you mentioned the vial (gauge glass).  My boiler is set up the same, so you have an internal LWCO.

If you post in the Steam section you will most likely get a lot of views and likely multiple responses as well.  There are many of us who view multiple forums, but you will get the largest volume of assistance from that group as they are geared specifically towards 1 pipe and 2 pipe steam systems and associated boilers. 

Note: Bustoff, please don't take my comment as a slam. as I see that you service steam systems. I am just offering a suggestion about a forum directly linked to steam.
    striving for peaceful coexistence with an oversized boiler....

http://www.heatinghelp.com/article/164/Steam-Piping/2730/Drop-Header-by-Steve-Nichols