Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Name this rad and help me with its EDR!

vaporvac
vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
I'm trying to figure out the edr on this rad. It's a window seat variety, but I can't find a name. I think this is still considered a column? I looked it up in my WM booklet, but they don't have this exact height.

Dimensions: 121/2" deep x 33"long x 151/2" tall.

It is 6 columns with 11 sections.

My book gave a 14" as 3 and 16" as 3 3/4. I did a quick iteration and came up with @3.6 giving me 39 sqFt. I seem to recall this as being what I found before, but have misplaced my original numbers. Does this look correct? I assumed these numbers were linear.

I'm trying to replace a different rad that was taken out whose edr was 39 with this one from my kitchen.

Smelled a whiff gas in the basement near the boilers, so I shut off and it went away. I didn't find anything with soap, but still. Guess I'll have to deal with that before I enjoy heat again. It's always something.
Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF

Comments

• Double D
    Double D Member Posts: 442
    Had some help identifying mine.

Maybe Steamhead or Gerry Gill will chime in. I got this from Gerry. See if this helps.
  • vaporvac
    Big difference!

Thanks for taking the time to look that up!!! Wow! That gives me 47.67edr which is actually quite a difference. I thought it was a little low as in its prior life it was heating my entire kitchen. More is better in this case as the hallway is never warm. A bit more radiation couldn't hurt and I have the boiler capacity.

It's amazing how many of these sizing charts there are floating around. I'm grooving on the Niagara window sat. I think someone posted on that recently.

If only someone would take a look at the gas. :(
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    looks like a rococo

to me. What do you think? under all that paint maybe.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• vaporvac
    You nailed it!!!

OMGosh Gerry, you totally nailed it!!!! thank you!It different to all my others which are very plain and not in the least bit "Rococo". The are American radiators so it's all in the family. I wonder how well they heated when used as window seats; I'd love to use it for that purpose in my front hallway.the edr is almost an exact match (39) for the one removed. That's one of the few things they ever threw out in this house. It must have been broken.

Don't you love that colour? My entire house was painted that shade. I guess it was popular. Before that it was mustard yellow, wedgewood blue, then cream, ivory and originally natural wood.

Btw, I fixed my gas leak... it was the one spot I hadn't thought to bubble test this morning. Scary, but lovin' the heat again.