Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

One Pipe Boiler System to A Two Pipe

CG1981
CG1981 Member Posts: 1
I am new here but I was looking at my heating system the other day and the person who I bought the house from put in a new TriangleTube boiler but it looks as if the piping was left in a one pipe configuration, is it worth my time to convert this to a two pipe system. There are 7 baseboard hot water radiators and the SqFt on the house is 1181. Please let mew know your thoughts and if this should be something a DIYer can do on my own. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 1-pipe or 2-pipe?

Can you post some pictures, and describe your system in greater detail?

A lot of repairs, maintenance can be done by the homeowner, as long as he has the knowledge (from here).--NBC
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    triangle tube does not make steam boilers

if the used one pipe you would be very cold.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • 1-pipe or 2-pipe

Maybe you are thinking of primary-secondary piping on a hot-water system?--NBC
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    1-pipe

Monoflo?
  • bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    maybe

Series loop ? It would probably be a waste of time and money to convert something to two pipe system for no other reason than just doing it. Copper is pretty expensive these days.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Monoflow

I agree that this sounds like a mono flow system.

If your monoflow is working, leave it alone. Most folks have trouble with monoflow when they attempt to modify. There is nothing inherently wrong or inefficient about monoflow.

I would be sure the outdoor reset is set up correctly, that is where the real efficiency comes from.

Carl

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.