Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pex to male hose thread fitting

Options
i don't know why this seems like the worlds most obvious fitting that ought to be made.  I can find a few pictures online of something that looks like it might be the fitting i desire, but i cannot find anyone selling them.

there are some plastic multi-turn sillcocks but i'm looking for at lest 1/4 turn ball valve type if i'm going to use sillcock or boiler drain format and actually, i'd just as soon have a no valve version. i tend to buy copper manifold with an extra branch to put a bleeding valve on so I can stand right by the manifold and bleed each loop in a radiant install individually.  the manifolds have valves on them anyway, so i don't really need a valve, I just need an adapter.

and i often want to use one of these for quick water avsailability when rough out is not complete on a job but you want to run a hose somewhere, etc.

Any news of close encounters with these fittings would be much appreciated.

brian

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Buy the manifold

with bare copper spuds and sweat one on.  You really do need a valve for bleeding and purging.

Dahl Brothers and Webstone both sell ball valves with a hose bibb on one end.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Irrigation

You should be able to find a 3/4" FPT to hose connection adapter any place that sells irrigation fittings.Then you can convert from pipe to pex.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,139
    Options
    pex to anything

These are common off the shelf fittings. Some hose adapters have internal and external NPT threads. Screw a mip X pex barb adapter into it.

Or use a hose by male NPT and female to barb adapter.

Hose to pex with a female hose, use a short piece of wash machine hose and a barb adapter. Build these with 3/4 sixes also if needed.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,085
    Options
    i know that but . . .

. . . the time to tape and dope the threads and then hold these widgety fidgety things while you thread on the adapter.  no excuse they don't make a ready made crimp in pex to hose. I know most would see temporary use and get thrown out or be sitting unused as bleeding outlets most of the time but the time savings alone would it make it worth throwing a few away here or there.

I did find a pex to female hose angle at pexuniverse.com, e.g. http://www.pexuniverse.com/sioux-chief-dishwasher-elbow-637xb23h, which is a dishwasher and/or icemaker adapter which i can make use of but goggle brings up pictures online of a real single piece fitting brass pex by male hose, but i cannot find anyone who sells them and i would beat a path to their door if anyone did.

thanks for workaround notions though. 

brian
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i am into what you are saying ,

Like Hot Rod i have a small assortment of "Tools" like these i have made over the years.

i have compression fittings that i used inserts into the pex long before shark bite made couplings lol..

finding 3/4 compression these days probably ...not so easy.

shark bite to thread to hose bib two fittings done deal .

not a real gardener buh plastic hose gizmoes are changing every day . might stop in a box store one Sunday and look thru their selection ...

i like some brass with a valve on them with Siamese connections . they make them so you can run two hoses and valve either or on or off they come in handy for like daisy chaining manifolds avec washing machine hoses ....

a simple PLS barbed connector would be great were Wirsbo to make one ...R& D guy at Wirsbo is always thinking on things that "Work" he has a pinner office way around back of the building if you are ever near apple valley....really good guy has things going on as a human being into what he does :)

small stashes of gadgets he makes or is working on cubby holed away ..it was an education and adventure in itself burning daylight with him years back ... he might "Collaborate with you if you mentioned that you have an idea and explained it and let go of the idea with him to see about making one , along that line .

hope that helps, Weezbo

*~//:)
  • archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,085
    Options
    if you hear what i'm sayin' . . .

. . . maybe you better get your ears checked.

but seriously folks and weesbo, thanks for the note on product development in this area.  i love to find people that want to make great stuff that works, e.g. http://greatstuffthatworks.com/ .  too bad it couldn't be apple valley in RI -- we got one of them.  Since I can't get that lucky, i'll probably have to commune with this fellow in cyberspace.

But havin' 'em around the corner don't always work anyway. I been wheedling TACO for 4 years now to have their PC 700 and 702s to have an option for automatically cycling their zones for 5 minutes every hour even if there isn't a thermostat call when it is teens and under (or at some settable point for outdoor temp) so that i stop getting calls for frozen baeboard where the heat goes into a deep nighttime setback and the baseboard freezes before there is another heat call.

and TACO is just down the street from most of my jobs, but their development engineer that i know, Dave Sweet , seems to be on junkets out of the office more than he is there so i can never get him.  Getting with wirsbo on the net doesn't seem like that much of a challenge. Can you send me some contact for this guy.

brian
This discussion has been closed.