Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Spring check valve ? on triangle tube.

wrxz24
wrxz24 Member Posts: 301
Will a 1inch spring check valve on the return piping on the TT 110 reduce the flow to the boiler? The manual shows a spring check valve on the return piping but does not specify the size. I know that the scv should be installed in a vertical position. Any other do's and don't's . Thanks in advance

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Check Valve

You need a check valve on both the primary heat and the DHW loop if you pipe it with the DHW circ parallel to the  primary heat loop as described in the manual.

You can use a spring check or an integral circulator check. Spring checks can be oriented vertically or horizontally. Yes, it will cut the flow a bit. Slowing down the flow on the primary is a good thing with a triangle tube. There is so little resistance in the exchanger that it is hard to get the flow low enough anyway.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    a check with a low "pop"

be sure it is a check designed for hydronic use. It needs to have a spring light enough for the circs delta P to open it completely. Too stiff of a spring may cause noise and the pump to hunt as it may not open it completely.

The checks built into the circs are designed for the application, with a low pop spring. Many of the hydronic manufacturers offer check rated for the temperature and flow conditions found in hydronics.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • wrxz24
    In boiler circulator

What speed on the inboiler circulator for the primary loop?
  • Zman
    Speed one

I would try spped one and then double check the supply/return delta t

Carl
    Albert Einstein
  • wrxz24
    will do

Thanks Carl.  Should I be trying to get a 20 degree delta for a combination of baseboard and infloor radiant? 
  • Zman
    Try

I would try for that. I bet you get more like 10
    Albert Einstein
  • wrxz24
    I am getting

About 15 or so now with usually 2 zones calling the way its piped now. Direct with in series with boiler circulator on speed 1. I do have the leftover bypass from my ci boiler open because when i attempt to close it to raise the delat t the boiler pressure drops when just 1 zone is calling, hence the change to pri/sec.

Here is a pic of the check valve.
This discussion has been closed.