Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Infloor max cement temp ..

Total
Total Member Posts: 13
Hello People : What is the max temperature that you should put through the infloor tubing in a cement pad ? 

Comments

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    max

150* IF need be.
  • Steamfitter66
    Steamfitter66 Member Posts: 117
    what is the application

140 but its rare to come close in a properly designed system.
  • Total1
    Total1 Member Posts: 44
    thanks

someone told me that you should never pump water hotter than 120 deg through the cement . The 150 deg is good to know . thanks  
  • Total1
    edited November 2013
    more info

28 x 28 ft garage , heated with a vitodens 100 . 
  • Gordy
    Nice Garage

I like the urinal nice touch!

You should not need to come close to those kind of temps unless slab is not insulated, and you want to work buck naked in there.
  • Total1
    thanks

The urinal was my wife's idea and my 2 boys love it ..  The pad is fully insulated  and 2 inch blue Styrofoam 1 ft around the perimeter on the garage .Last winter it cost me around 1 $ a day to keep it heated at 60 deg F . Wanted to get the proper info from the people who know . appreciated and thanks  
  • only ??

Only 1 ft of insualation??? Where are u located?? Suppose to be at least to frost line and hope u have insualtion under the concrete..
  • Gordy
    I read

Slab is fully insulated with 1' of perimeter insulation.

Is this NG, or LP?

Garage door opening frequently?

And yes where are you located?
  • Total1
    edited November 2013
    located

The frost here goes down 8 or 9 ft ,  the pad is insulated with http://www.beaverplastics.com/Insulation/insulworks.html

I'm located Near Prince Albert , Saskatchewan , Canada .

Natural gas -  The door is a r 20 insulated and is opened maybe 4 times a day ..
  • Gordy
    I think

Your doing fine if cost is a concern for your climate.

Are you struggling to hit a higher set point ?

150 would be a non insulated slab with a high r floor covering scenario with a high load.
  • Total1
    edited November 2013
    set point

I think according to the attached chart - If I set to between 2 and 3 ,  at -20 C the boiler should give 130 F ..I love the boiler , thanks for your help ..
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    it's the surface temperature

based against the ambient temperature that dictates the slab output. Warmer surface/ cooler ambient= more output.

Rough rule of thumb is 2 btu/ square foot output for every degree difference.

So 85F surface- 60F ambient X 2 = 30 btu/ sq ft output. That should be plenty of output for your condition.

If the tube is deep in the pour you need higher supply temperatures. Or if the spacing is wide it takes more temperature to get that average slab surface temperature.

Generally 82- 85F is max. for surface temperature, before it becomes uncomfortably warm to stand on. Even lower if you are barefooted :)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Total1
    edited November 2013
    thanks

I appreciate all the knowledge that you have shared, people ...  
This discussion has been closed.