Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Former Contractor

KCME
KCME Member Posts: 1
Smart Valve Problem:

I am dealing with a Honewell smart valve 9501 series.  The furnace is supplying appropriate 24V power to the valve to the appropriate terminals with a call for heat.  Pilot gas and igniter do not engage unless I take the igniter terminal off (2 blue igniter wires and 1 black flame rod wire) off and put it back on.  Then the system goes through the proper sequence to main gas and runs fine until the t-stat is satisfied.  I have replaced the igniter/flame rod assembly.  No change.  It acts like the system is seeing flame at the start of cycle and not proving out and sequencing a normal ignition. Flame rod wire in good shape.  Flame rod not touching anything.   Once I disconnect the 3 wire terminal block, I can hear the pilot valve click in about 2 seconds, and when I reconnect it, the igniter glows and the sequencing finishes.  Before I go through the pain and expense of replacing the gas valve, anyone have any other ideas? 

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    If you can be a little

patient I will get back to you later on your Smart Valve problem. I am on the way out the door for a meeting will be back early this evening. Sorry!
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Do you have a

Honeywell Microamp test harness for the SmartValve?

Let us go right through the check out.

1. Pull the pilot igniter sensor harness from the gas valve

2. The connection on the valve for the two blue wires check for 24 volts

a. With no call for heat and power on service switch on you should have 24 volts

b. Now create a call for heat you should still have 24 volts

3. If not pull the control plug and using the clip as a reference to the right you should have 24 volts across the top two terminals

4. Now check the two right hand terminals with the thermostat calling you should have 24 volts

5. Now plug in the control harness and the pilot harness

6. With one lead of your meter grounded on the gas valve go the back side of the pilot harness at the black wire and place the other lead of your meter there, now initiate a call for heat you should have 80 volts or more with that test.

Let me know how you make out 
This discussion has been closed.