Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Prestige 110 will not start

JIMBO_2
JIMBO_2 Member Posts: 127
have a TT solo 110, about 5 years old. When the T-stat calls for heat she will not fire. Oddly enough, it does fire in order to heat the indirect tank. If I touch the T-stat wires together there is no spark and no reaction from the boiler. Any ideas?

Comments

• Boiler start

The boiler won't fire if it's warmer than 68F outside (Warm Weather Shutdown).  It could also be bad wire from the t-stat to the boiler.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    TT

I would start be jumping the "TT" terminals on the boiler. This will assure that you have a call for heat and that it is a boiler issue.

There are fuses on that boiler, I can't remember if one isolates the "TT"  but it likely does.

If you you push and hold the "+" button it will turn off the heat, the "-" will turn off DHW.

Occasionally someone accidentally turns off the heat function. Push and hold "+". if it flashes "c on", that is the problem. If it flashes "c off"  push it again to turn it back on.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    TT

disconnect the outdoor sensor and then turn up the thermostat. Sounds to me like a shorted sensor or wire.
  • JIMBO_2
    Outdoor Sensor

Since I am not on site at the moment, I also suspect the outdoor sensor considering the house was resided last spring (victim of Hurricane Sandy when tree fell on house). But I wonder if shorted wires might have cooked a fuse in the boiler?

Tried shutting off boiler & restarting. Tried the reset button. Tried touching TT wires together. None of these things helped. But DHW is running OK.
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    shorted

If the sensor wires are shorted together it will cause the boiler to shut down same as a bad sensor. It will not blow a fuse. If the wires short to house ground that might be a different story. If it blows a control fuse the boiler would be dead. 
  • JIMBO_2
    Still Will Not Fire

Disconnected the OD sensor, touched the TT wires together at the terminal block, nothing happened. This has never happened before. Tried the "reset" again but nothing happened.
  • JIMBO_2
    Frustrating

Fortunately here in the NYC area it isn't too cold, 40s, but this boiler is driving me crazy. It fires to heat the indirect WH but no attempt to fire when t-stat connection is made, no even a tiny flash or arc when wires are touched together.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Prestige

Did you check to see if the heating mode is turned off?

Is the DHW a switch(aquastat) or a sensor? If it is a switch, try disconnecting.

The boiler will tell you what is going on. You just need to know how to read it,

What numbers are displayed in standby mode?

What are the first few numbers in info mode.

Check out pages 45-49

http://triangletube.com/documents/33/Prestige%20SOLO%20110%20Manual.pdf

It is important to respond with what you have tried. There is no need to disconnect sensors.The boiler will tell you what they are reading.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.