Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Prestige Excellence

StefK
StefK Member Posts: 8
After comparing different boilers including the Buderus 142 , Lochinvar 105 , the HTP Elite and the Burnham Alpine and after reading alot of different information on this site and others I have decided on replacing my gas boiler with the Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence. I was leary of the aluminum HX with the Buderus and the others didn't seem to have the track record of the TT. Just wondering if anyone might have any reason to not use this particular boiler. Thanks

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Prestige Excellence

A great boiler from a great company.  Be sure the sizing calculations are done and that you understand them.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    You Missed One

While a good product. This one has a much better warranty, combustion system and will provide better DHW production.

http://www.viessmann.ca/en/Residential/Products/gas/Vitodens_222.html
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    DHW

StefK

Make sure you calculate your domestic hot water demand accurately. This boiler is awesome in a lot of ways but if you are looking to fill a big tub it may fall short.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Excellence

Do quite a few Excellence with very good results,same with Viessmann,although I have no first hand experience with the Combi plus.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • RayRic
    RayRic Member Posts: 1
    need new heating system -propane & have 2 quotes but...

Hello from Northern MN. I live in a 2000 sq ft home near Duluth , MN and our old oil hot water , baseboard heating system is barely hanging on.

I have had two estimates for new propane heaters and am lost. Can you help?

One calls for installing a New Prestige Triangle Tube Boiler Combo Unit w/all piping/venting removal. ~$8k ` 93% efficient

Other calls for installing a Peerless Purefire model PF-110LP + Amtrol brand 41gal indirect water storage tank LF 41G ~$8.5k + $1200 =`$11k ` 95.84% efficient

Is one better than the other and does the 4k difference make sense?

rayreinertsen@msn.com
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    No Pricing

We cannot discuss pricing.

The peerless has a giovanni exchanger. It is an older design and will require a larger circulator.

The Triangle tube prestige excellence (not challenger) has a firetube exchanger. The firetubes use less circulator enegy and tend to require a bit less maintenance and cleaning.

The AFUE rating on the peerless is 93% and the triangle tube 95%

I would not recommend any amtrol indirect. They have quite small exchangers and tend to calcify over time.

If it were mine, I would do a heat loss calculation on the house and size the correct boiler and indirect.

Chances are, you would be looking at 60K btu or less for the boiler, 110 is way oversized. I like stainless steel indirects like heatflo or superstore.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.