Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil-McLain won't heat

Oly_Megan
Oly_Megan Member Posts: 3
HI-  I have a Weil-McLain natural gas furnace, installed around 1997.  Since the late fall, we have noticed that there hasn't been much heat coming from the baseboard heaters, but because we also have a gas fireplace, we didn't pay much attention until this weekend when the outside temp dropped below freezing.  Then we wanted all the rooms to have a heat source!

We checked out the furnace and it is completely cold.  We had a service person come out today.  He first tried replacing the ignitor because the board was flashing the  "vent" light, but that didn't fix the problem.  Now he thinks that the UTEC 1013-10 Integrated Boiler Control Board needs to be replaced. 

I think this is a really expensive part and the service person didn't seem very sure that replacing this part would fix the furnace.  Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    WM

Whatis the model number? Does anything happen or run at all?
  • Oly_Megan
    Model GV-4

Ah, yes, I should have said - the Boiler model number is GV-4.

We tried turning the power off and back on yesterday for about 5 minutes to reset the system.  At that time the Boiler Control Board went through its startup procedure a few times, but got stuck and started blinking the "vent" light.  We heard some pumps coming on.  We can't see the whether there is a flame in the ignitor - but because the service person swapped that part out today and the furnace still doesn't work, I'm going to go off the theory that the ignitor isn't the problem.
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Error code

I din't see or remember any "vent" light code. Could it have been some other LED code?
  • Oly_Megan
    Valve Light

Looks like it is actually called "valve" light - sorry for the confusion.  I was going off memory and I should have verified before posting.
  • pappas911
    pappas911 Member Posts: 3
    furnace seems to work but boiler dosent

all of a sudden our heat registers stopped getting warm and now the house is freezing,furnace seems to be working but not heating the house,thinking it might be the boiler,it makes weird sounds and dosent stay on long enough to do anything,
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Need more information

Is this also a Weil McLain GV model boiler?
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Sounds like a:

Sounds like a Warm Air "Furnace" with a broken belt or motor ans no air flow.
  • pappas911
    fixed

it was a thermo Coupling , got it fixed :)
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    That makes

No sense at all.
  • pappas911
    ok

thermol it was ,whatever the spelling is
This discussion has been closed.