Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Smallest top vent oil boiler?

bugaboo
bugaboo Member Posts: 14
I am trying to see what options may be out there that I've overlooked.

Due to space and layout constraints I need a top vent boiler. Due to the low heat load I am looking for low output.

What is out there, and what is the feedback on it? I did see the Burnham V8H-2, but have heard it has issues with sooting due to the small size.

Thanks!

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Venting:

By "top venting", I assume that you mean the exhaust.

Weil-Mclain WGO Gold boilers vent out either the back or the side/end. They are quieter when vented out the back, and they are easier to clean when vented out the back.

It's a "Pin" type boiler. Pin Type boilers seem to be considered junk by many now. They put fins on baseboard heaters. You can get the same output with a lot of enclosed pipe but a lot less with fins on the pipe. Triple pass boilers have no pins. Nice for techs that hate to clean boilers. Especially cold start boilers that fill up with Kibbles & Bits and have to be knocked out. With warm start, boiler temperatures kept at over 140, you can go for a few years between thorough cleanings.Though I want to clean them annually.

Others here will give you other suggestions. Where I work, the choices are limited and I find the WGO, WGTO's work best.
  • bugaboo
    Yes

You are correct, I do mean top exhaust, or top flue.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    How about?

How about a System 2000? Burnham LE?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • bugaboo
    System 2000?

Okay, I have read about System 2000, but have no experience with them.

I have looked at the site, and I can't tell where the flue is. It looks like it's in the back.

I am interested in the stackable setup, but the overall dimensions are critical. I would be looking at small water tanks, probably the 40 gallon lowboy. I could possibly do the stackable, even with the rear flue, depending on where the flue is.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    System2000

Frontier vents on top right
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.