Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

recovery bottles

how many recovery bottles should you have with a recovery machine?i have one for r22 and one for 410a. what about holding different both good freons to put back in system and what about contaminated freons?do you need 4 bottles? or can you mix r22 and 410a for disposal and just need 3 bottles?  thx

Comments

• Bart VaioBart Vaio Posts: 56Member
    Recovery Bottles

I keep 3 on the service truck.  One for 22 and 410a, whenever i recover a burnout I turn in the third tank for recycling right away.  We have a free exchange/tank swap program in our region.
  • meplumbermeplumber Posts: 678Member
    Never Mix

Never ever mix refrigerants in a cylinder. We keep 1- 50# for 22. 1- 50# for 410. 1-30# for odd refrigerants (usually small systems for process refrigeration) these get turned in pretty quickly. If it is a burnout, we also turn that cylinder in soon too. My chiller techs keep several 50's on their vans. They deal with R-407 quite a bit on mid 2000's air cooled McQuay chillers.
  • Paul_69Paul_69 Posts: 247Member
    recovery bottles

thx for replys guys! could you carry 1 for 410a and 1 for r22 for holding freon while doing repairs and then put this good freon back in system and then if you get a burn out just put it in the correct bottle and recycle it right away so you dont have to carry 3 bottles? i work only with these 2 refegerants...thankyou
    Kinda

As long as the two refrigerants never hit the same cylinder.  Once a cylinder has had either refrigerant in it, you can't put the other in.  So one cylinder would be R410A only and one would be R22 only.  Then if you get a burnout, turn it in for exchange.
  • Paul_69Paul_69 Posts: 247Member
    bottles

thx meplumber.on a burnout do you mean recycle or exchange for a new bottle. the place i deal with recycles my bottles that i bought from them. i didnt know anything about exchanging bottles.i always get same bottle back after they suck it out.
    exchange

We have an exchange program. We turn in a cylinder with the appropriate documentation and we get a new empty one.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!