Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Electrical Troubleshooting Help

Troubleshooting the electrical components is my weak point. I simply do not know how to pick up the wiring diagram and understand where the power is flowing. Can anyone suggest a book, interactive CD or web site where I can learn how to read, and understand,  the diagrams.

Thanks

Bergy

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    heres a few.....

I'd start with.  George has some really good wiring books @ Firedragon.  Touches on every electrical component on most all gas, oil, furnaces, boilers & steam.  Also Taco has a really good publication called Taco Zone Control Wirings Guide.  Burnham also has a small booklet called The Heating Helper, that has some nice diagrams.  When you see the schematics, with the wire attached, it really helps show you how to trace the wires, and what voltage, N/O & N/C contacts, etc.  Just go around to the different web sites.  Most have all the info you need (with honeywell youll have to dig).

Hope it helped
    steve
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Bergy what is your location?

I am sure I would be able to help you with any thing you want to know. I have 33 manuals covering every facet of wiring and troubleshooting. We also offer classes on wiring and troubleshooting at our training center in Rhode Island. Feel free to contact me at 401-437-0557 or gastc@cox.net
  • Bergy
    Bergy Member Posts: 11
    Info on manuals

Tim,

I'm half way across the country in Iowa. Do you have a list of what's available from you?

If so, could you please e-mail them to... craig at myaircomfort dot commm.

Thanks

Bergy
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Bergy

I will send you a catalog today. I look forward to serving you.
This discussion has been closed.