Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help Please

Options
Michelle76
Michelle76 Member Posts: 1
No idea what kind of gas boiler I have. I have hot water pipes that heat the house. A couple months ago the house stopped heating up. I have to set the thermostat at least 5 degrees higher than I want for house to reach temperature. I also notice my hot water for bathing/dishes etc doesn't get hot either. Just warmish hot.

My landlord had someone come look at it, he came and left said the pilot light was out and nothing is wrong. What ever he did down there I heard thumping and loud noise. He said maybe just loose wire nothing needed to be replaced. The flap on the heater pipe cover in the hall was closed and he made a snippy comment about how it would heat up the house if it was open. I didn't even know it was closed and was the only one that was closed. I checked right after he left all of them.

I really want second opinion because I think he was a friend of the landlord and the landlord has just sold and is waiting to close. She at first tried to not even send anyone out. What does it sound like might be wrong? Should I hire my own and then bill the landlord after I pay?

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    sounds like

he increased the boiler temp a little too high. Until the papers are passed, the present landlord has an obligation to keep you warm and safe. 
  • billtwocase
    Options
    or

there is low boiler pressure, and lots of air in the system. Do you hear swishing/gurgling thru the heat pipes, etc?
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Flap

Hot air heat?
  • billtwocase
    Options
    It seems to be forced hot water Paul

I would imagine either the flapper for a wall convector was closed, or the baseboard louver. I would bet that she also has an indirect water heater. Whatever the case, it doesn't sound like a professional made the house call in my opinion.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    You're

right, I missed the hot water pipe statement. Sounds like the landlord had a friend go over and bang the pipes.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    What is your location?

Can you snap some pictures of your system so we can try to help you by identifying what you have. Names, Model numbers anything you can give will help us help you.
This discussion has been closed.