Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

replaced circ pump now it whines.

Options
Jayp
Jayp Member Posts: 1
I own a condo with a very small wall mounted gas burner. Recently I had to replace the circ pump because it had quit working. Drained from the lower valve and swapped the pump making sure the flow was in the same direction. I refilled the system then turned on the pump. I had to also open the valve directly above the circ pump then the system came up to temp in the pipeand my condo reached the tstat setting. PROBLEM now when the tstat calls the circ pump makes a loud sort of whining noise and the burner does not circulate through the pipes. I have tried bleeding off more water thinking there might be an air bubble left over but I don't want to do too much. Help...

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    First question

Why was the first pump changed? Did you replace the pump with the same identical pump and is it the pump designed to be used on the unit?

There is the possibility of air in the system, unless you are proficient at the procedure for bleeding a system I would not attempt it get a professional to do it for you and at the same time get a checkout on your unit. Does this system require annual cleaning as most of the new equipment does? If so when was it last cleaned and serviced by a pro?
This discussion has been closed.