Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weishaupt G7/1-D gas burner

I'm working with two G7s and trying to beat occasional pilot trail for ignition failures. The pilot burners are direct fired, ie no pilot burner trains and main gas trains have 2 Honeywell V4055D1019 3 . The issue is that the burner control has a 5 sec trial for ignition and I can't get pilot ignition to occur before 3.5 sec on one and 4 sec on the other. There is not much literature floating around and Weishaupt is not forthcoming with my requests for assistance.

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    ???

Anything with a pilot is "NOT" direct fire as stated.  Direct fire refers to spark or HSI equipment that opens Main valve.  Trial for ignition is critical and must be correctly adjusted.  I for one, do not feel comfortable even giving advice for possible injury can occur.  I don't think anyone will offer up their knowledge for possible repercussions.  This is not to offend, disrespect, or make you mad, but the wrong adjustment can be fatal.  Maybe try one of your colleagues in the field.  It sounds like you are a technician......Someone here may give you an opinion,.,.,.,.,.,.,.Good luck.

Sorry.

Mike T.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    I just googled

Weishaupt G7/!-D gas burner and found tons of manuals and information avaialble.
  • Rangle
    Rangle Member Posts: 6

Yes there is a lot by Weishaupt but none refers to burner adjustments. I am only trying to cause the pilot flame to ignite before so much of the PTFI period has expired, not adjust the PTFI period as the previous respondent suggested.
  • Rangle

Yes there is a lot by Weishaupt but none refers to burner adjustments. I am only trying to cause the pilot flame to ignite before so much of the PTFI period has expired, not adjust the PTFI period as the previous respondent suggested.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    RANGLE I assume

you have cleaned the pilots and adjusted the gas pressure to both. Then it may be that adjusting the flame to the pilots using the pilot gas regulators I assume are on the gas train.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Weishaupt

Weishaupts can be tricky. Does this use the Landis and Gyr step controller?

I have worked on a lot of their oil stuff, but only one gas burner. I have a contact for them, but it sounds like you may have spoken with them already.

What boiler is it on?
  • Rangle

Its a Landis & Steafa LFL1 controller. My notes didn't include the boiler manufacturer but its a big watertube machine. There is no pilot burner or pilot gas train, the pilot ignites in the centre of the main burner and the pilot fuel flow must pass through main burner butterfly valve after the Honeywell gas valves start to open. I've tinkered with the butterfly position and the gas train reg setting but I still can't beat the four second delay for the pilot ignition. All four Honeywell valves open at the same rate but one burner has ignition in 3 seconds and the other waits for 4 seconds, perilously close to the 5 sec PTFI.
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    I'm surprised that's legal

There are very few applications where pilots are not used on gas burners of the size of burner you are speaking of.

You are having delayed ignition.

Causes: improper air / fuel ratio setting, Ignition voltage too low, spark gap too great, spark gap too small, cracked porcelain on ignitor (wrong spark location).

Honeywell hydromotors are slow to open. That's just how they are.

I looked at that burner on there site, its very pretty and all, but no pilot is just plain stupid.

I looked up the valve its got a 13 second opening time.

What a weird design.

What is the gas pressure set for?
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Re: slow light off of pilot flame

I would be leaning toward spark electrodes not adjusted right or weak ignition tranformer/ worn high tension leads? Only make adjustments if you are properly trained in this kind of burner work and must have an analyzer for any adjustments you do. No novices on this kind of work.
This discussion has been closed.