Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

fan board

Paul_69
Paul_69 Member Posts: 251
i have a customer that has had multiple fan boards go on icp condensing furnace.sometimes wouldnt power inducer fan and other times no power to heat power terminal. are theses honey well boards just cheap or what. if same reason for failures i could buy that something else is wrong in circuit, but different things going bad. any insight. thanks

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    If i understand you correctly

on a particular board you had no power coming from the board to power the draft inducer is that correct?

You replaced that board and now no power to "heat power terminal" is that correct? Not sure what you mean by heat power terminal unless you are talking about power to the gas valve?

You state it is a Honeywell board what is the number of the board?

Is this ICP furnace a modulating/condensing model?

When you say multiple I assume that is more than two is that correct?
  • Tim McElwain
    By the way Paul

when you click the "Submit Post" you have to be patient as it sometimes takes a little time to post. That will eliminate multiple posts.
  • MrDucks
    MrDucks Member Posts: 27
    edited October 2011
    No Fault Codes

No Lights---       Also___________(Check Your Grounds) What type stat
  • Paul_69
    fan board

Tim I don't recall number of board. What I am trying to say is I have had trouble with boards failing for different reasons. Sometime inducer is powered and all other functions are good but won't powerblower from board. And sometime no power to inducer motor. Runs a year or so.are these things cheap made or what. It is a condesing furnace and other components show no trouble. Is there a better board. Are there any decent universal boards that fit multiple brands. Thanks
  • Tim McElwain
    It depends on

whether this is an Electronic Fan Timer board or an Integrated Furnace Control, that is why I need numbers so I can answer your question about Universal replacement. There are Universal replacements which i will post the make and numbers for you tomorrow as they are at my training center and I am in the office at home.
  • Paul_69
    fan board

it is a intergrated fan control. i carry a honeywell s92oou1000. is this useful.

thx
  • Tim McElwain
    Yes the Honeywell

S9200U-1000 can be used as long as it cross  references to the board you have.

Electronic Fan Timers replacements are Honeywell ST9120U-1011.

White Rodgers offers the following:

WR 21V51U-843 2 stage, HSI Integrated with Variable Speed ECM motor.

WR21M51U-843 2 stage, HSI, # Speed PSC Motor.

WR 50M56U-843 Single Stage, HSI.
This discussion has been closed.