Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

incredible

lchmb
lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
what you find when doing gas work. This customer made his own riser for cts to connect his gas grill to...He told me my interpritation of safety and his didnt agree...My red tag said it all though..:)

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Is that poly cts?

No need for a stab connector. Just some plastic insert adapters from the hardware store will do.

I would have cut him off too.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    yes

scary part is he  claim's it's been that way for 10 years. He didnt like the company price to have it done so he did it himself. couple of barbed fitting and hose clamps and he was good. My gas detector told me it didn't work as well as he thought..;)
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Good news and bad news.

The good news is that he had to pay for 10 years of gas leaking out.

The bad news is that methane is about 10x worse greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. So if you are going to leak gas, at least burn it.
  • trackflg
    trackflg Member Posts: 20
    Gas line

I seen a guy run a garden hose from the basement to the second floor to run a heater because they shut his gas off. But it was good garden hose and stainless hose clamps LOL 
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Garden hose

My Father is a retired Housing Inspector for NYC, he would tell me stories about people complaining about gas pressure problems in their houses, turns out the people would run garden hose from one building to another and run the hose through the windows of the  buildings and then connect their ovens, there gas had been shut down due to them not paying their gas bills, crazy
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    After 28 years with a gas

utility I can tell you I have seen it all.
This discussion has been closed.